28th May

28th May
Ribadesella to Colunga 20k

It was hard leaving our lovely hotel in beautiful Ribadesella this morning but all good things come to an end I guess and so we headed out after a very nice breakfast.

It was a warm day but not too hot and we had a really beautiful walk once again.  We started with shady country lanes leading to a coastal path over headlands with beautiful sea views and through buttercup filled meadows.  Today's sights were once again a gift.

I had hoped that yesterday's rest would have made a big difference to my niggling knee and hip but I was disappointed.  I had started out with the magic Camino pill aka ibuprofen but it only helped a bit and I was looking for the next dose by the time we had our late lunch.  Fortunately there was only about 3 k to go after lunch as I didn't get the relief I was expecting.  Luckily tomorrow is only about 18 k.

No comments:

Post a Comment