9th May

My bag still hasn't arrived but Fuzz's bag has.  Fuzz phoned the baggage people yet again and the short story was it should have arrived by 11.30 yesterday evening.  Our celebrations on this news we're a bit premature obviously.  We'll be back on the phone again shortly.  When Fuzz's bag arrived and before we had any news of mine I washed my clothes which are the only clothes I have at the moment and got dressed in some of Fuzz's.  We then headed out to the shops to get me some underwear.  We'll start walking today as I don't want to get too far behind our schedule and see what happens  I don't have my walking shoes so we'll see how the Nikes hold up.

On a positive note we had time to do some sightseeing around San Sebastian yesterday.  To one side of the bay sits Mt Urgull with a massive statue of Jesus on the top of what was once a fort.  We climbed the mountain and there is an interesting  museum inside.  The view is amazing and from the top you can see San Sebastians three beaches.

To the other side of the bay sits Mt. Igeldo which has a restaurant and a little  amusement park at the top.  We headed up that mountain on the Funicluar (cable car) in time for a lovely scenic lunch before heading back along the beach paddling in the very cold crystal clear water.  I was amazed to see people swimming once I realized just how cold the water really was.  A few people had wet suits on and were obviously training.  Brrr far too chilly for me.

The food here has been fantastic and we could stay here for longer as there is still so much to see but we really must press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment