8th May

6Today's entry should be all about our lovely walk from Irun to San Sebastian but we still don't have any luggage.  We are hoping it will arrive today.  This will be day 4 in the same clothes and we haven't been able to wash any of them as we don't have anything else to wear while they dry.  I can say though that Merino underwear is brilliant even after 4 days they're only mildly offensive.  I can't however say the same for my long sleeved running shirt  as a couple of days without deodorant it offends even me and I  ended up buying a little cheap t-shirt + some  deodorant to get me by until our bags arrive which will hopefully be today.  We were saying that yesterday though.
Note to self:- re think what you pack in your hand luggage.
Which brings me to the point....we won't now be able to walk from Irun to San Sebastian as originally planned because we don't have our walking boots or gear and it would be silly to even attempt it in our Nikes (although I am tempted) plus we don't want to lose a day.
San Sebastian is a lovely place to hang around and wait so I'm not complaining.  I could stay  here for ages. The old buildings and beautiful beach are stunning.  There are some interesting places to explore here so after taking care of the things we needed to do yesterday we'll now have time to enjoy doing just that. There will be more pictures when our luggage arrives with our chargers.  Again I'm thinking about what I should pack in the hand luggage next time.
The Camino's often about learning and finding out about ourselves and patience keeps coming up on the Camino and so we're just going to go with the flow and it'll all sort itself out however it's meant to be.  I saw a saying I liked yesterday.  "Where you go is where you are"  I saw it on a t-shirt.  Maybe I should have bought that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment